Saturday 9 January 2010

Rifleman 1/12th London Regiment (The Rangers), 1918.















Have taken the decision that in 2010, leaving aside the WW1 commissions I have already agreed to take up, any painting that I do for my my own collection will cover some different time periods. So... I thought I'd paint up the last few GWMs that I have sitting on the little shelf above my painting table. Here's the first of the last few WW1 figures destined for my display cabinet. 1/12th London Regiment was my wife's Great Uncle's Regiment.





4 comments:

Beccas said...

Absolutely supberb.

Anonymous said...

Really well done. My Great Grandfather was in the London Irish Rifles.

Chloe Douglass said...

My great great Uncle was in the 12th London Bn, he was Crpl John H Brownrigg.. I wonder if they knew each other.....

Over Open Sights said...

Hi Chloe, Alf joined 1/12th London in September 1914 and arrived in France on Xmas day. He died on 5th May 1915 on the Frezenberg Ridge outside Ypres. Much will depend on your grt grt Uncles own dates of service.