Monday 22 August 2016

What is it all in aid of?

190 figures painted up in the Mesopotamia project. Various scratchbuilds and conversions. But why? Why all this effort since December last year? The answer will be revealed at COLOURS 2016, Newbury Racecourse, Saturday 10th September.

The 190 figures painted up for this demonstration game will also be augmented by many many more and gunboats! All this is the brainchild of Adrian Shepherd. A Great War anniversary game to follow on from the excellent "Raid on Suez" put on at Vapnartak in 2015. I would like to thank Adrian for the inspiration that working on this project has given me. Although not a gamer myself, Adrian has dragooned me in to taking part at Colours. I had no choice, really, as Newbury is just a short hop down the A34! My inner-child is looking forward to seeing all the toys on the excellent table that Adrian has created. I have even bought an India Pattern sun helmet specifically to wear in the harsh conditions of tabletop Mespot. 

1 comment:

Sidney Roundwood said...

I am very excited as I'll be heading to Colours this year, and I'll certainly be looking out for the game. Best of luck in the run-up to the big day!